Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 February 2012





I am one full week into 6 months leave from my job due to my declining health.  At 43 I should be fit and healthy, at least that is what I think but my body has other ideas.

By taking a break I have taken a step back and realised that I had been totally immersed in my work and expected that the small portion of "me" left, had to spread across the roles of homemaker, mother, wife, sister, daughter and friend.   

It is absolutely liberating to put work on the back-burner and devote all of my time to my loved ones.  It  also feels very alien.  The last time I took leave it was Maternity Leave over 10 years ago and was hardly a holiday by the beach.

My focus is on living healthy, exercising regularly and letting my overworked psyche take a break.

Has this happened to you?  Am I suffering a mid-life crisis?

No comments:

Post a Comment